We all know how tempting it is to tuck your dog in with you on your bed at night. I should know, I struggle from it too! The only problem is that there are more cons than pros when letting your dog sleep on your bed. Here are 7 of them:
1. Dogs shed. This means that you might have to change your bed sheets often just to keep your bed fur-free.
2. Dogs carry dirt tracks. Dogs’ paws are like shoes, they carry dirt tracks from all the places they’ve been to throughout the day.
3. Dogs can leave fleas or ticks on your bed. Sometimes you don’t even know that your dog has been infested and this can then transfer onto your bed, which can make you feel itchy.
4. Dogs might think that your bed is their territory. Even when you’re gone, they will use your bed as they see fit.
5. Interrupted sleep. There are dogs that can be unruly when they sleep and interrupt your sleep in the process.
6. Dogs might leave bacteria. Some dogs can contract bacteria throughout the day and transfer it to you.
7. More mess. Sometimes dogs have accidents even if they’ve been trained. They might puke, pee, or poop on your bed by chance.
What alternatives do we have then?
There are many comfortable dog beds!